Wednesday, May 11, 2016

WE HAVE A WINNER! Quaker Oatmeal Squares

Two months ago I launched an endeavor to determine the favorite cereal among my followers. Utilizing a bracketed playoff system inspired by college basketball's "March Madness", dozens of cereals were included in online polls. Thank you to all of you who participated in this lengthy process! It has been arduous, but in the end, after hundreds of votes, we finally have a winner!

The 2016 March Cereal Madness winner goes to Quaker Oatmeal Squares!

For full disclosure this is actually my favorite go-to cereal, so it might be easy for others to see that this result was fixed. I did vote in all the polls, but only once each time, so I know that my single vote is not the whole story. Obviously, through a process of elimination there are many, many others out there who also love this cereal.

This was not expected. I really thought the winner would be one of the super popular cereals like Honey Nut Cheerios, or favorites like Lucky Charms, Frosted Flakes, and so on. And, while most of these moved along in the brackets, in the end Corn Pops and Oatmeal Squares made the finals, with the latter winning with a 57.14% decision!

What is so special about Oatmeal Squares? As a fan myself I believe that in addition to the hint of brown sugar taste, texture is a big part of the story. These squares are crunchy, even in milk, and make for a hearty breakfast.

Congratulations to Quaker for having a true winner in Oatmeal Squares. (Interestingly, they had another cereal, Life, that made it to the Final Four!).

If you have never tried this exceptional cereal (or if it's been awhile) be sure to get a box and see what the rave is all about!


No comments: