Tuesday, January 10, 2012

What's up with Quaker?

Yesterday I reported on some packaging updates from Quaker, plus one new cereal. That was pretty significant, but now I discover that there is more!

Four other new varieties have been spotted in the wild, including three new Life offerings, two of which are somewhat unusual for the brand.

The new varieties are: Maple & Brown Sugar Life, Apple Cinnamon Crunchtime Life, Strawberry Crunchtime Life, and Honey Nut Oatmeal Squares. Watch for them!

So, what's up with Quaker? That's a lot of change all at once. Maybe this thrust is a sign of their intent to ramp up their position within the cereal market. Whatever it is, it is rather impressive.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is good news. Life is an "old school" cereal with good taste. Cannot wait to try.

Jim Rayball

Neilesh Patel (Recruiter focused on Food Manufacturing Jobs) said...

Hey, I noticed your blog, liked some of these posts! Would you mind if we republished some of these articles in our newsletter or on our own site? It’s mainly a site for industry professionals in food/beverage, but I think a lot of them simply love every part of the world and would enjoy reading your blog. Let me know? I’ve linked to our site so you can see it.

Neilesh

Luke said...

Yes, these Crunchtime varieties is what I was referring to in your post from Monday. I think I should try them, since I do love Life cereal!

Lot-O-Choc said...

Just found your blog..im also an avid cereal fan but have a blog on chocolate..wish we got more flavours like this in the UK loving the look of the Apple & Cinnamon box!

Michael from TX said...

Im gonna say the new labeling design for the oatmeal squares and the natural granola is not nearly as eye appealing as the old 1. It looks like something they pulled from the 90s, whats up with them ???