Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Flax Plus Pumpkin Raisin Crunch


I don't typically report on every new cereal that comes along, especially those from the fringe companies. But this one I couldn't resist.

Health cereal manufacturer, Nature's Path, has announced the introduction of Flax Plus Pumpkin Raisin Crunch. I haven't seen the cereal yet on my grocers' shelves, so I haven't tried it. But the name alone has me intrigued.

Sure it sounds healthy. But it's also creative, especially with an ingredient not commonly used in cereal: pumpkin.

Maybe mainline cereal companies need to learn a lesson from Nature's Path. You don't have to resort to gimmicks to get attention. Create a unique, cereal that also tastes great and could have a real winner.


Technorati Tags: , , ,

7 comments:

Waffle Whiffer [Brandon] said...

Might be some good cereal, but the word "Flax" really doesn't make it sound very appetizing.

Anonymous said...

LOL - the "Pumpkin" are pumpkin seeds! And BTW Flax Plus (plain/original) is my fav snack - sometimes addons of frozen vanilla yogourt, almond butter, sugarfree hot choc mix . . .truly it rocks

Anonymous said...

I bought it because I thought it would be pumpkin flesh flavored. It's just pumpkin seeds. It still tasted alright, but not good enough to buy again once it was no longer on sale.

Lloyd said...

That sucks about the pumpkin seeds. The idea of true pumpkin flavor would be a great innovation. Thanks for letting me know. I still haven't been able to find the stuff in my area.

Anonymous said...

this cereal is delicious. Very healthy for you and the pumpkin seeds are a nice nutty addition. When a cereal can be this good for you and yet still be yummy, it's a winner. I wasn't disappointed about the "pumpkin" because I read the label first, as you should do with everything you buy for the 1st time. The flax is just sprinkles of flax seeds, not too overpowering.

Anonymous said...

This cereal has hard raisins, very few pumpkin seeds & too much sugar. You need to update your review of Nature's Path. Their cereals may be organic but not necessarily healthy - they go overboard on their sugar content & questionable health claims such as on flax & omega content. And as for all that Ra Ra GREEN WASHING - hello! they still use wasteful plastic bags & give only 1% to green causes (if anyone actually audits that amount??)

1599west said...

Flax Plus Pumpkin Raisin Crunch is amazing. The taste is crispy, crunchy with subtle flavors including cinnamon.

I have seen this sold at Costco, Sam's Club, Walmart, Whole Food's. You can get it from Amazon.com.

Donating 1% of sales is a lot better than say 10% of profits. Sales can't be manipulated; profits can. Business 101.