Saturday, February 06, 2010

Holland America Swiss Muesli

I don't usually comment on matters of taste when it comes to cereal, as we all have our preferences and unique taste buds. But, a recent vacation on a Holland America Line cruise ship brought me into contact with a remarkable breakfast experience. Their Swiss Muesli was a favorite for many, and I even found some buzz about it since on the Internet. If you are looking for something different I'd encourage you to make a batch of this recipe. If you can, it is absolutely amazing with fresh berries.

I am no stranger to muesli, but this knock-off recipe is certainly much different than any packaged muesli you can buy in the store. It is a much more traditional recipe, more in keeping with what I have experienced in Europe.

The lesson in all this is that there are still tremendous surprises and opportunities when it comes to cereal. And, I'm sure there is a way to make money on it in the process.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I tried this recipe and it did not taste anything like the Swiss style muesli that I ate on the Eurodam. In my opinion that milk mixture had some sweetened condensed milk in it.