Thursday, February 14, 2008

More breakfast kits

The other day I posted about Kellogg's new Jump Start breakfast kits. Since then I've discovered that Kellogg is not the first company to come up with this concept.

Last year East Side Entrees partnered with General Mills to come up with Breakfast Breaks, a similar concept incorporating cereal (Cheerios, Honey Nut Cheerios, Cinnamon Toast Crunch or Lucky Charms) plus juice, a snack and even a spoon, napkin and moist towelette. While now available in some retail stores, the kits were developed for the National School Breakfast Program. In that context these kits make perfect sense.

I still can't see them doing well in the general marketplace.


Technorati Tags: , ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I bought the Lucky Charms one. Good idea, but no milk in it though which I think is a drawback. But I suppose if you want a cereal snack ... but then it comes with graham crackers which is already supposed to be the snack.