Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Hello?

Those of you following this blog will have noticed little activity here in quite some time. In fact, this has been one of the biggest dry spells in the seven years I've been doing this!

I would like to blame it on the fact that I am busy (which I am), but the truth is that there is little of significance going out there in the world of cereal right now. Normally there are some announcements, product introductions, or industry developments to track and comment on, but in the last months there has hardly been anything. Sure, I could have highlighted General Mills' annual run of monster cereals, but even this story is hardly noteworthy as it basically the same thing they've done in recent years.

I wonder if there are a couple of things going on here. First, could it be that the less than vibrant economy is finally taking its toll and stifling innovation? Or, is it that the big players are diversifying more and giving less attention to their cereal portfolio?

In any case, I am hoping to see some cereal excitement coming as we approach the new year. Maybe some holiday cereals, some innovative new brands or packaging, and perhaps some industry shake-ups?

I will be watching. Keep following me as these things unfold.

No comments: